History of nishikawa


1918 During the tenure of office at Tamura Kogyo Co., Ltd., located in Kusunoki-cho, Hiroshima-shi, as Managing Director, Bunji NISHIKAWA set up Sponge Section in the company’s Rubber Department.
December1934 Bunji NISHIKAWA separated Sponge Section from Rubber Department of Tamura Kogyo Co., Ltd. to make it an independent operation and for ultimate foundation of Nishikawa Rubber Industry at the place where NRC’s Head Office is currently located. The new company started to manufacture sponge rubber products, mainly for the export business.
1937 The company started to manufacture compound for recycled rubber tires. During the World War II, rubber solvent was extremely scarce; therefore, the company was successfully developed “artificial rubber solvent” and started the manufacture and distribution of the developed product. Under the corporate re-arrangement policy, the company survived as a manufacturing plant for special rubber, and started to manufacture and distribution of various types of sponge rubber for military use.
August1945 The company and its facilities were struck by atomic bomb, and the plant was completely destroyed by fire while many employees fell victims to the bomb.
February1946 A part of the plant facilities was restored. While some facilities remain destroyed, the company started manufacturing activities. The company continued to restore its facilities and equipment and kept striving to expand the production.
April1949 The company reorganized to become a corporation and changed its trade name to NISHIKAWA RUBBER CO., LTD. Mr. Ippei NISHIKAWA assumed office as President.
December1952 Osaka Sales Office was opened at 48, Kyobashi 3-chome, Higashi-ku, Osaka-shi.
January1954 Mr. Bunji NISHIKAWA assumed office as Representative Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors.
December1954 Tokyo Sales Office was opened at 6, Shiba Takanawaminami-machi, Minato-ku, Tokyo.
December1956 As an affiliated company, Misasa Kasei Co., Ltd. was opened at 53, Omiya-cho 4-chome, Asahi-ku, Osaka-shi. The company started manufacture of various sundries, mainly foam rubber products.
June1959 Osaka Sales Office moved to 47, Tsurigane-cho 2-chome, Higashi-ku, Osaka-shi.
June1960 The company acquired Koa Rubber Co., Ltd., located at 445, Kusunoki-cho 2-chome, Hiroshima-shi; renamed it as the company’s Kusunoki Plant and launched the plant operation in August of the same year.
February1961 Nagoya Sales Office was opened at 35, Maruta-machi 6-chome, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi.
March1962 In cooperation with MTP Kasei Co., Ltd., the company has incorporated an affiliated company known as Nishikawa Kasei Co., Ltd. The new company started manufacture of injected foam products as main business for industrial use made out of soft polyurethane foam.
April1962 Construction work for building Shiraki Plant has started in Mita, Shiraki-cho, Takata-gun, Hiroshima-ken. The plant was completed in September, 1963 and started its manufacturing operation.
July1962 The company merged with Misasa Kasei Co., Ltd. by acquisition, renamed the acquired company to the company’s Osaka Plant and started manufacture of palm lock.
April1963 Construction work for building Osaka Plant has started at 1373, Kasuga, Hirakata-shi, Osaka-fu. The plant was completed in September of the same year and started its manufacturing operation.
March1964 NISHIKAWA LIVING CO., LTD. was incorporated at its address of 51 Suzuenishi, Kawauchi-cho, Tokushima-shi.
February1967 NISHIKAWA BUSSAN CO., LTD. was incorporated at 62-1, Oaza-Higashiyamamoto, Gion-cho, Asa-gun, Hiroshima-ken.
October1967 Fukuoka Branch Office was opened at Gion Kadota Building, 6-31, Gion-cho, Fukuoka-shi.
March1968 Construction work for building Asa Plant has started in Kuchi, Asa-cho, Asa-gun, Hiroshima-ken. The plant was completed in October of the same year and started its manufacturing operation.
July1968 Kusunoki Plant was consolidated in to Hiroshima Plant.
May1969 Fukuoka Branch Office moved to Uki Building, 19-21, Hakataekimae 3-chome, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi.
June1969 Nagoya Sales Office moved to 28 Ida, Imagawa-cho, Kariya-shi, Aichi-ken
September1970 Tokyo Sales Office moved to Tokyo Wholesale Market Center Building, 9th Floor, 22-17, Nishigotanda 7-chome, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo.
October1972 TOYOHIRA NISHIKAWA CO., LTD. was incorporated at 456, Nishimune, Toyohira-cho, Yamagata-gun, Hiroshima-ken. The company started its business operation in December, 1973.
November1972 Osaka Plant was separated to become an independent company known as NISHIKAWA RIKA CO., LTD.
March1973 Hamamatsu Branch Office was opened at Kato Building, 734, Hikima-cho, Hamamatsu-shi.
April1975 Fukuoka Branch Office and Hamamatsu Branch Office were re-organized to become Fukuoka Sales Office and Hamamatsu Sales Office, respectively.
January1978 The company was awarded a national prize by Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Research Center Award.
September1978 The company invested capital in USHIROYAMA KAKO CO., LTD. located at 1150, Ushiroyama-Shiiki, Asa-cho, Asa-gun, Hiroshima-ken.
March1980 Construction work for building Yoshida Plant has started at 1489-23, Aza-Ohama, Oaza-Yoshida, Yoshida-cho, Takata-gun, Hiroshima-ken. The plant was completed in August of the same year and started its manufacturing operation.
June1981 Mr. Ippei NISHIKAWA assumed office as Representative Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors. Mr. Kouhei NISHIKAWA assumed office as Representative Director and President.
February1983 SEIWA BUTSURYU CO., LTD. was incorporated at 2-8, Misasa-machi 2-chome, Nishi-ku, Hiroshima-shi.
January1985 The company invested capital in Kyoei Rubber Industry Co., Ltd. located at 2249-1, Iwato, Oasa-cho, Yamagata-gun, Hiroshima-ken.
July1985 SEIWA KOUGYO CO., LTD. was incorporated at 1661-1, Oaza-Shimomachiya, Kabe-cho, Asakita-ku, Hiroshima-shi.
September1985 Fukuoka Sales Office moved to Sonezaki Building, 18-1, Hakataekimae 3-chome, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi.
December1985 Utsunomiya Branch Office was opened at Sunrise Building, 2-16, Higashi-Imaizumi 1-chome, Utsunomiya-shi, Tochigi-ken.
September1986 Nishikawa Standard Company was incorporated as a joint-venture company with The Standard Products Company of U.S.A.
October1986 Mr. Masahiro NISHIKAWA assumed office as Representative Director and President.
March1989 Nishikawa of America, Inc. was incorporated in Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.
June1989 Utsunomiya Branch Office moved to 7-6, Higashi-shukugo 5-chome, Utsunomiya-shi.
July1989 Construction work for building Mihara Plant has started at 200-39, Aza-Sodekake, Obara, Numaranishi-cho, Mihara-shi, Hiroshime-ken. The Plant was completed in February of 1990 and started its manufacturing operation. Kyouei Rubber Industry Co., Ltd. was re-organized to become OASA NISHIKAWA CO., LTD.
June1991 NISHIKAWAGOMU YAMAGUCHI CO., LTD. was incorporated at 4-1, Chofu-Ogimachi, Shimonoseki-shi, Yamaguchi-ken, and it started manufacturing operation in August, 1992.
November1991 The company has listed its stock on the Hiroshima Stock Exchange.
August1992 Construction work for building the training center-cum dormitory called “LIBRE NISHIKAWA” has started at 28-4, Kabeminami 1-chome, Asakita-ku, Hiroshima-shi.
April1993 Hiroshima Plant was closed down.
October1993 Nishikawa Engineering of America Inc. was incorporated in Dearborn, Michigan, U.S.A.
February1994 Osaka Sales Office moved to The Tanabe Building, 6-6, Fushimi-cho 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi.
August1995 Nishikawa Tachaplalert Rubber Co., Ltd. was incorporated in Thailand as a joint venture company between NRC and Marubeni Corporation.
July1996 Received the certification of “ISO 9001”.
Invested capital in Anand Lescue Polymers in India (now re-named to Anand Nishikawa Co., Ltd.).
October1997 Received the certification of “QS9000”.
July1998 Ihara Nishikawa Co., Ltd. was incorporated at 810-1, Oaza-Ihara, Shiraki-cho, Asakita-ku, Hiroshima-shi.
August1998 Europe Branch Office was opened in Birmingham, England, U.K.
March2000 As a result of amalgamation of the Hiroshima Stock Exchange with the Tokyo Stock Exchange, the company’s stocks were listed on the second section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
December2000 Received the certification of “ISO 14001”. (Asa Plant)
August2001 Received the certification of “ISO 14001”. (Shiraki Plant)
December2001 Shanghai Nishikawa Sealing System Co., Ltd. was incorporated in Shanghai, China.
April2002 NISHIKAWA DESIGN TECHNO CO., LTD. was incorporated at 2-8, Misasa-machi 2-chome, Nishik-ku, Hiroshima-shi.
May2002 Received the certification of “ISO 14001”. (Mihara Plant)
June2002 Received the certification of “ISO 14001”. (Head Office)
October2002 Received the certification of “ISO 14001”. (Yoshida Plant)
June2003 Fukuoka Branch Office was reorganized to become Yamaguchi Branch Office and moved to 4-1, Chofu-Ougimachi, Shimonoseki-shi.
June2004 Guanzhou Nishikawa Sealing Systems Co., Ltd. was incorporated in Guanzhou, China.
April2005 USHIROYAMA KAKO CO., LTD. took over a part of business of Automotive Parts Divisions of SEIWA KOGYO CO., LTD. and TOYOHIRA NISHIKAWA CO., LTD. and a part of Automotive Parts Division of OASA NISHIKAWA CO., LTD. as a move to reorganize these group companies, and renamed the company’s trade name to NISHIKAWA BIG OCEAN CO., LTD.

SEIWA KOGYO CO., LTD. merged with Diversified Products Division of TOYOHIRA NISHIKAWA CO., LTD. by acquiring the latter, and TOYOHIRA NISHIKAWA CO., LTD. was dissolved. OASA NISHIKAWA CO., LTD. took over the business of Automotive Parts Division of Ihara Nishikawa Co., Ltd. by acquisition to reorganize the group companies, and renamed the company’s trade name to NISHIKAWA BIG WELL CO., LTD.

NISHIKAWA RUBBER CO., LTD. merged with the Equipment Engineering Division and Manufacturing Division of Ihara Nishikawa Co., Ltd. by acquisition, and Ihara Nishikawa Co., Ltd. was dissolved.
May2005 Nishikawa Rubber (Shanghai) Trading Co., Ltd. was incorporated in Shanghai, China.
June2005 Natulove Co., Ltd. was incorporated at 2-8, Misasa-machi 2-chome, Nishi-ku, Hiroshima-shi. (The new company moved to Tokyo in August of the same year.)
July2005 Tokyo Sales Office moved to Mikami Building, 11th Floor, 18-10, Wakabayashi 1-chome, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo.
October2005 SEIWA KOGYO CO., LTD. merged with NISHIKAWA Rika CO., LTD. by acquisition, and NISHIKAWA RIKA CO., LTD. was dissolved.
November2005 Received the certification of “ISO/TS 16949:2002 standard edition”.
October2006 Nagoya Sales Office is moved to 13-1, Morinishi, Tsukiji-cho (now 7-1, Tsukiji-cho 5-chome), Kariya-shi, Aichi-ken.
March2007 Hirakata Plant of Seiwa Kougyo Co., Ltd. is closed.
April2007 Nishikawa Kasei Co., Ltd. and GP Daikyo Co., Ltd. merge and are renamed to DaikyoNishikawa Corporation.
July2007 Nishikawa of America Inc. acquires Nishikawa Engineering of America Inc. and Nishikawa Engineering of America is dissolved.
December2007 Hamamatsu Sales Office is moved to 7th Floor, Hamamatsu MK(now Mitsuiseimeihamamatsu) Bldg., 145-1, Tokiwa-cho, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu-shi, Shizuoka-ken. NTEC (Nishikawa Training & Education Center) is opened on the premises of the Shiraki Plant (Asakita-ku, Hiroshima-shi).
January2008 Nishikawa Bussan Co., Ltd. acquires Natulove Co., Ltd., and Natulove Co., Ltd. is dissolved.
The new headquarters were constructed in Misasa-machi, Nishi-ku, Hiroshima, where the corporate was founded.
March2008 Nishikawa Standard Company was reorganized from partnership to Limited Liability Company (LLC).
May2008 Utsunomiya Branch Office is moved to 7-21, Motoimaizumi 3-chome, Utsunomiya-shi, Tochigi-ken.
The European branch moved to Coventry, UK.
December2009 Awarded the highest credit rating for Environmentally Rated Financing from Development Bank of Japan Inc.
March2011 At the time of converting Nishikawa Standard Company LLC into a consolidated subsidiary by increasing the ownership rate of the company, it is renamed to Nishikawa Cooper LLC. A part of the stock holding in Nishikawa Tachaplalert Rubber Co., Ltd. is transferred to Cooper Standard Automotive Inc.
June2011 Nishikawa Tachaplalert Rubber Co., Ltd. is renamed to Nishikawa Tachaplalert Cooper Ltd.
November2011 Nishikawa of America Inc. has opens Nishikawa Cooper Mexico S.A. de C.V. in Guanajuato, Mexico. Ownership of Anand Nishikawa Co., Ltd. is increased from 20% to 50%.
March2012 Anand Nishikawa Co., Ltd. is renamed to ALP Nishikawa Co., Ltd.
Nishikawa Living Co., Ltd. is dissolved.
April2012 Nishikawa Big Ocean Co., Ltd. acquires Nishikawa Big Well Co., Ltd., and Nishikawa Big Well Co., Ltd. is dissolved. Tokyo Sales Office is moved to 9-18, Shiyokohama, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken and reorganized to name it Yokohama Sales Office.
January2013 PT. Nishikawa Karya Indonesia is incorporated in West Java in the Republic of Indonesia.
March2013 Europe Branch Office is moved to Warwickshire, England, U.K.
April2014 Nishikawa Bussan Co.,Ltd. acquires Seiwa Kougyo Co.,Ltd. and Seiwa Kougyo Co.,Ltd. is dissolved.
November2014 Nishikawa Cooper Mexico S.A. de C.V. is renamed to Nishikawa Sealing Systems Mexico S.A. de C.V.
June2015 ALP NISHIKAWA CO., LTD. is renamed to ALP NISHIKAWA CO., PVT. LTD.
June2017 Made the transition from a company with board of company auditors to a company with Audit and Supervisory Committee.
June2017 Mr. Masahiro NISHIKAWA assumed office as Representative Director Chairman. Mr. Yoshitomo FUKUOKA assumed office as Representative Director President & Chief Executive Officer.
February2019 HUBEI NISHIKAWA SEALING SYSTEMS CO., LTD. was incorporated in Xiaogan, China.
August2019 ALP NISHIKAWA CO., PVT. LTD. Invested in ALP AFRICA (PTY) LTD., South Africa.